This Site Has Moved

New Wordpress Site

The Old/Non Updated Content...

The home of the haikulator



Sentence Generators
My Stand-up & gigs
The Coding Craftsman

The Musical!
Incredible Productions


Previous Posts

Although not totally better, I got up and went to ...
The previous day in the office, I had felt slightl...
I've always been like a kid with a new toy when I ...
Waking up in Reading, there was much relaxing as w...
I woke up with time to get to my gig in Huddersfie...
A day so memorable that I cannot remember anything...
I made it into work... probably only just on time....
Quite what happened between the gig in Glenrothes ...
Nope. We missed breakfast and nearly missed the ch...
I had a gig in Edinburgh on the 26th and I hadn't ...

Blog Archives

October 2001
November 2001
December 2001
January 2002
February 2002
March 2002
April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
December 2011
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
May 2014
July 2014
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
April 2015
May 2015
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
July 2016
August 2017
January 2018
August 2018
September 2018
July 2019
August 2019
May 2020
June 2020
July 2020
August 2020
September 2020
December 2020
January 2021
July 2021
September 2021
February 2022

Thursday, April 14

The exertions of the gig in Scarborough had been too much. While the first time they had claimed my soul and given me a comedy death, this time, the casualty was my throat. Or at least that's how it felt. I'd performed my hardest, with Aspirin as my protector against the pain, but when I woke up the following morning, the pain was back and it was a lot worse. My throat felt very bad. I put myself on an Aspirin taking regime and got my ass to work. I was on 8 Aspirin a day and the pain was manageable, but only just.

I booked myself an appointment with the Doctor and soldiered on. I didn't solder on. I would have quite liked that. I like soldering. Wouldn't it indeed be great if the world's problems could be solved with soldering, rather than military action? It might be superb. A small piece of circuit board could feed the starving nations and...

...anyway, I managed to drag myself about the place, but I was not feeling at all good. Come the morning of the 14th, I was glad to get to the Doctor. He told me, by diagnosing with a torch and his eyes, what I already knew. My left tonsil was enflamed and giving me a lot of pain. The pain had spread to my left ear too, though that was probably more of a confusion in my brain, which is not good at receiving pain signals. The Doctor told me that I had tonsilitis and that I should take a course of penicillin. I hilarious renamed these the "silly penis pills". I'm so funny. I should be shot for being that hilarious. Ho de ho.

I left the Doctor's surgery and headed to the chemist. I'd also run out of Aspirin and so it was time to stock up. It was going to be a long haul. The Doctor reckoned that I might be better by the following Thursday for my gig at the Comedy Store (he didn't put it like that, but that was my conclusion). He reckoned that I wouldn't be better by the Tuesday (when I was supposed to be doing a gig in Ayr). So, I realised that I was in for the long-haul. I needed drugs. I needed serving badly. What I mean is that I was in dire need of being served promptly. What actually happened is that I went to a chemist and received poor service. They didn't take cards (fair enough for a small suburban chemists, but irritating nonetheless) so I had to go to the nearby cash machine. Then the girl behind the counter couldn't identify soluble aspirin, despite my pointing them out to her. Equally, the pharmacist took ages to count out 28 penicillin tablets and give them to me. It's not difficult, and it's hardly a rare form of medication. Aaagh. You're supposed to feel better after a visit to the chemists...

I stood at my car. The car was facing town and I really wanted to go to work and get on with the day. Well, at least, I had really intended to get my ass into the office and get on with things. I stood at the car. I thought about going into town and my legs almost gave way. I needed to sleep, I was weak and needed nursing. My nurse was back at the house and I headed back, calling in sick on the way. I then spent the day asleep. It seemed to do the trick as the pain subsided a bit by the following day.


Post a Comment

<< Home

All content ©2001 - 2020 Ashley Frieze