The reasons that Will is no Pop Idol:
- He has an annoying voice
- His stage manner is limp - admittedly Gareth's no hunk, but he's pretty boy limp, rather than dishcloth'li>
- Will does not fit the Pop genre - he has a soulful voice, when it's not a whining one, and it did not fit either of the Pop Idol tracks he sang
- Anyone who can sing Unchained Melody and Yesterday, and make them sound half-decent, is due respect; these are songs that cannot be done well
- Anyone who can sit at a piano and knock out a self-accompanied performance (as he did with the shameful assistance of Mr Will Young) is worthy of respect
- His voice and face fit the image - he is a Pop Idol... simple as that!
- ... the stammer is irrelevant!
A teenie bopper
From Tunbridge Wells!