The home of the haikulator



My Stand-up & gigs
The Coding Craftsman

The Musical!
Incredible Productions


Previous Posts

To bike or not to bike I couldn't get out of bed ...
Another day that didn't stop (Sunday, that is) I ...
Busy busy Well, it's been a busy week, so there w...
I'm a moron Don't worry. This is not some sort of...
When you're a writer, you're writing the dreams A...
Here's a frightening statistic: The daily warbling...
Mein Camp I was reviewed by the Sheffield Last La...
Well, I'm a sad lonely man. I went to the cinema o...
Yesterday... ...all my troubles seemed so far awa...
Life can be pretty frustrating I arrived slightly...

Blog Archives

October 2001
November 2001
December 2001
January 2002
February 2002
March 2002
April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
December 2011
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
May 2014
July 2014
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
April 2015
May 2015
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
July 2016
August 2017
January 2018
August 2018
September 2018

Global Domination

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, December 21

Monday was certainly a busy day...
...and I'm possibly dealing with the jinxed computer setup from hell. Everything I do to sort out this computer system goes wrong. I dropped some CDs round today, realising, as I was explaining what was on them, that they were the wrong CDs. It's infuriating. However, it should sort itself out tomorrow.

Incidentally, tomorrow is my last day in Newcastle. It's going to be pretty action-packed, though I'm not sure whether it will be as fun-filled as today. Let's see how today actually worked out.
  • Cycled into the office - well, that's already known, since it was in my post of earlier on.
  • Spent some of the morning groaning about my sore legs
  • Tackled an annoying but ultimately satisfying problem, relating to some notes I had had no idea what to do with
  • Grabbed a quick lunch - the oriental lady in the sandwich shop doesn't listen; I know English is not her first language, but I speak clearly and she understands me when I repeat myself without slowing down (ok, maybe I could be a bit more forgiving... but aaagh!)
  • Went to a slow sales meeting, where I gave a presentation which was not slow - it perked the room up... comedy skills!
  • We reviewed something or other
  • Then a big full-company meeting
  • Then a quick meeting with the boss
  • Then I intended to do some last minute sorting out jobs (it was 6.30pm by this stage) but ended up in conversation (albeit work-related) with a colleague, counselling him on a work problem
  • Then I cycled home: the hard way
  • I didn't go into the house - I went straight out to deliver the wrong CD: D'oh!
  • Then to Tesco for some essential supplies
  • Home. Food. Washing up.
  • Laundry
  • Tidying the house
  • More laundry
  • Organising my mp3 collection to re-upload it to the mp3 player for my London trip
...and that's brought me to now. It's really been a massive day and I'm very tired. My legs can just about thunder me up and down the stairs.

I'm amazed at how much weight I've obviously put on since August. I wore the same pair of brown trousers for most of August and some of September. They were reasonably loose, especially in the first week of the Fringe. Now they barely go on. But I shall get them loose again... indeed, they shall be so loose that I won't be able to wear them. Damn my sweet-toothed folly in putting on weight. Those London streets and my bike will cure me... unless I foolishly feel like I can substitute for the exercise by eating a pile of rubbish. In this latter case, my belly and chest will remain the same size, but my thighs will get fatter with the extra muscle. My problem with trousers will then increase - they'll have to encompass both big fat thighs and a big waist. Let's assume that I'm not that stupid... it's quite a trusting assumption.

I should have gone to a tap dancing rehoysal for Guys and Dolls tonight. It was not mandatory and I wanted to go. I just couldn't. I was in the office until after 7.30 (15 minutes after it started). I cycled home in about 25 minutes - not bad, considering the huge hill I tackled - it wasn't the big big big hill, but it wasn't an easy route. I kept going. I'm still not entirely safe on the bike, but I need to get used to challenging heavy traffic, and I think I held my own pretty well. As well as being exhausted when I reached home, I still had many chores to get done. I want the house in order before scooting away to London. This is simply because I will not have the energy to put things straight on my return and I like the idea of returning to a haven, rather than a hell.

I haven't actually packed anything yet, but I have sorted out a lot of things, which should make the packing a bit simpler. I'm playing this trip by ear. It should be ok. What's the worse that can happen?


Post a Comment

<< Home

All content ©2001 - 2012 Ashley Frieze