Worrisome woes on the weekly wednesday weigh-in. Today's result was an increase of +4
. This is not desirable. Taking the aggregate back to the recidivist level of -42
which is still progress, but is not getting me closer to the attempted year end total of -50. This is no excuse to give up, lick wounds, moan or otherwise lose faith in the process. However, it is difficult to remain positive. I can take the renewed challenge to put more effort in to balancing the diet and exercise, what I can't take are the excuses that my mind keeps offering to try to get me out of the stark reality that things have not gone to plan for the last two weeks. Excuses include:
- I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt, which weighs more than the normal short-sleeved ones... yeah, but not a quarter of a stone more!
- I should visit the toilet and unload as much as possible before being weighed. Except that I did and look where it got me
- My hair needed cutting and hair weighs heavy. Right... I just had my hair cut and it did not take very long... male pattern baldness is no laughing matter and no source of excessive mass
- The scales are wrong, or are being read incorrectly. NO!
- It's a random fluctuation. Whatever!
- The phase of the moon... ENOUGH!
There are some real reasons why I have not lost weight and have, instead, gained:
- I have been eating more - albeit fruit, but more quantity.
- I have not been exercising as much as I needed to - not walked to work since Thursday last.
- I have eaten out a few too many times over the last two weeks.
- One's metabolism cannot continually lose weight without more effort than I've been putting in.
The conclusion: do more. Try to re-lose the 4 pounds for next week.