- They wanted 8 minutes without overrunning - I gave them exactly 8 minutes (provided you're generous about how you time it - from first to last word I was dead on). I thought I'd seriously underrun.
- The audience laughed throughout - giving me only one brief laughter break - towards the end of my routine. This is hardly surprising - I was the 11th act of 16 and I'd just mentioned that I'd be leaving the stage shortly - they were keen to move on with the evening.
- I used a variety of different joke types and different ways to work a laugh. I'm surprised at myself.
- I tried hard to work the crowd - a crowd that was tired. I think I made a connection.
- I'm happier now I've heard the tape.
I don't know how the judges will have taken my performance, but I'm happy that it's worth continuing at this game on the back of my last performance. I reckon you're only as good as your last show, and I'm not feeling too embarrassed to do monday's gig, now I've heard how I did yesterday.