- I've gone through one set of batteries on my new toy - a remote control classic style green mini... and I've been shouting things like "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" and "Hang on lads, I've got an idea"
- I spent nearly as much time making a pointless (but amusing) song as I did grudgingly tending to my garden
- My freezer management is poor but I have attempted to deal with it... I now have a bunch of tupperware containers with home-cooked goodies in and I have ditched a number of things that should have been consumed many moons ago.
- I would much rather waste my time on the internet and listening to my silly songs than get a small work-related task completed
- I have no control over my sleeping habits.
- I am a haunted man - sometimes my thoughts stray to where they should have no need to stray. I don't mean in a spooky or slightly-mental way. I just mean that I have one or two things that I tend to start chewing over, without realising it... usually during gardening. Which is a good reason never to do any gardening.
- It can be exciting having things in the freezer that are unlabelled, since you only have an approximate idea of what they are before you defrost them. This excitement is somewhat diminished when you only have a limited number of things in the freezer and they're all the same.
- I may be becoming freezer obsessed
- Okay. So, my freezer contains
- Ice cubes
- A tub with carrot/swede mash and mashed potato with spring onion
- 3 portions of Ashley's Bolognese sauce
- 6 portions of Ashley's Apple and Rhubarb crumble - 1 from the previous batch
Around September of 2003, I became very interested in freezer contents - it was probably a latent response to an old "The Shamen" song - "Ebeneezer Goode". I remember the lyrics "He's a good, he's a good, he's Ebeneezer Goode". I had lampooned them thusly - "He's a good, he's a good, it's Ashley's Freezer goods". Of course, I wasn't to realise that, some ten years later, my freezer goods would hold such great significance in my life. Perhaps the obsession was also fuelled by the need to put off completing a document that I'd attempted to edit over the course of nearly three hours and had always found an excuse not to start work on. Indeed, the urge to go and defrost the freezer suddenly became a strong one.
I don't think it would be a million seller if I did that. I really must get that document finished. Perhaps I'll just surf a bit longer...