I haven't got a great deal of time for reflection at the moment. I just have to keep doing things which take me in the right direction and hope that I'll like it when I get there. There are a few phases to go through. Here are some:
- Rubble trouble - far too many bare floors and dusty piles of rubble
- Partial service - new bathrooms that need tiling, rooms that are still unusable, but basically sound.
- The basics - the house will be in a condition where I could move a tenant in, if only there were a bedroom ready other than my own.
- Decoration - maybe I do a splurge of decorating, or maybe I do a room at a time, bringing in a tenant as soon as it's ready.
- Housemate hell - all of a sudden I'm living with 4 other people. I have no privacy and either love having people around me, or, more probably, start planning to buy another house so I can get away as quickly as possible.
I forgot to include, in the email, that I plan to have some holidays this year too. As a single man, I now have no ability to promise my girlfriend that I'll eat healthily while away from home... so, I'll have to find some other excuse.