Back at the house, equipped with some wire wool - a good friend for turning the rope first coat into the perfect base for a smooth second coat, I prepared the door. I was worried about rain spoiling everything, even with my 30 minute drying varnish. Luckily, the rain held off.
Everything was smoothed off and I completed a reasonable second coat of the outside. The inside was either on its first coat, or unvarnished, so I got the inside up to its first coat. The effort of painting around the glass is most of the work, and there are some panels, right near the hinge, where it's almost impossible to get a paintbrush in AND see what you're doing.
I worked hard on the door.
My guitar technician came along and I gave her the guitar.
The plasterer visited and I was very happy with his recommendations. He'll be doing the work.
I went out to get some food and discovered a Malaysian cafe. Though they were a bit over-attentive, it's understandable, since they've only been open for one day. The food was good, and I'm sure it was fairly healthy too.
Back at the house I did some random tasks. I replaced some lightbulbs. I picked up and binned the wallpaper and ceiling tiles that had come down in a bedroom I've been working on. I put down some floorboards upstairs and worked out how to complete the floorboard putting downage in the upstairs. Essentially, I need a shit load of screws and some board.
Once the 10.30pm mark had been reached, I took some measurements of my heating installation and retired to my room to make a 3D model of the area, so I can work out how I'm going to box it all in neatly. I think I have a boxing strategy which might work. There's only one way to find out.
So, I enjoyed the DIY yesterday.
There's loads to sort out and I've not suddenly turned the corner. However, I can see where the corner might be.